DATA SCIENTIST (FOR POOLING)
- Relevant BSc/MSc degree in a quantitative discipline: data science, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or similar
- Extensive experience as a Data Scientist
- Proficiency in Python, R, SAS, SPSS or other model development software
- In-depth understanding of SQL
- Competent in machine learning principles and techniques
- Ability to audit and manipulate large and unstructured datasets
- Ability to question and understand results
- Excellent command of the English language
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development, attention to detail, logical thinking
- Exposure in fintech, finance, risk management industry will be considered an advantage
- Formulating, suggesting, and managing data-driven projects which are geared at furthering the business’s interests.
- Analyzes and prepares data for model developments
- Researches new data sources and analytical tools
- Evaluates data quality and develops useful and insightful information from a variety of data sources
- Selecting and employing advanced statistical procedures to obtain actionable insights.
- Leads the implementation and delivery of scoring models
- Prepares reports, presentations and detailed documentation on modelling, process flows, etc.
- Suggesting ways in which insights obtained might be used to inform business strategies.
Work with us and join our pursuit in making credit scoring inclusive for all!
At FinScore, we always look in a direction in which we can develop, improve our model of work, and better understand the needs of our clients and partners.
Help us make a real difference and achieve our mission. If you’re interested in working with us to improve access to financial services for the unbanked and underbanked population, we’d be glad to hear from you.
Whether you’re starting a career or taking another step in your career path, feel free to get in touch with us for opportunities.